J.K. Rowling Giveaway:
No purchase necessary.
Who Is Eligible To Enter:
- Giveaways/Sweepstakes are open to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
- By participating in the giveaway/sweepstakes, you agree to unconditional agreement to these rules.
- One entry per person. Multiple entrants cannot share the same email address. An entrant cannot enter more than once by using different email addresses. Any attempt by a single person to enter the giveaway/sweepstakes more than once will result in a disqualification.
- Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- The giveaway/sweepstakes begins on Monday October 7, 2012 and ends at 11:59 a.m. EST on Friday October 12, 2012. All entries must be received before the ending date/time.
How to Enter:
- To enter the giveaway/sweepstakes, fill out this form on the entry pageduring the giveaway/sweepstakes period.
- By filling out the questions in the entry form about your views as a writer, you are granting me permission to use these answers in an upcoming ebook for writers. Of course, I will credit you if I use any quotes.
What the Winner Receives:
- The winner will receive ONE ticket to J.K. Rowling with Ann Patchett at Lincoln Center on Tuesday October 16th. The overall contest will have two separate individual winners. In total, the contest gives away 2 tickets to 2 individual winners. The winner receive a single ticket.
How/When Winners Will Be Notified:
- Two separate winners will be chosen at random. Each winner receives one single ticket.
- Winner(s) will be selected randomly by using Random.org “True Random Number Generator” soon after the giveaway/sweepstakes period ends.
- Winners will be notified before 11:59pm ET on Saturday October 13th, 2012.
Verification of Winners
- Winners must reply back via email by 11:59am ET on Monday October 15th, 2012.
- If a potential winner of a ticket cannot be contacted, fails to reply to the notification email within the required time period, or cannot take possession of the ticket at the time stated in these rules, the potential winner forfeits the ticket.
- Tickets are nontransferable. A winner cannot sell or give the ticket to anyone else.
- In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, I will conduct a random drawing of all remaining eligible entries.
How Winners Will Receive Their Tickets:
- Winners will meet me just prior to the event at the event location to receive their ticket. Exact time and location will only be made known to the winners themselves.
- Each winner will be required to show proof of identity when they receive the ticket.
- If the event itself is canceled or changed for any reason, I cannot be held responsible.
- I reserve the right to cancel the context/giveaway at any time.
- Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
- I am not responsible for any errors on the part of the entrant, such as misspelling of email address, or inability to meetup on the day of the event to receive the ticket.
- The winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with the ticket receipt and/or use.
By receipt of the ticket, the winner agrees to release and hold harmless the organizer of this giveaway (Dan Blank and We Grow Media) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the giveaway or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Limitations of Liability:
The contest/sweepstakes organizer (Dan Blank and We Grow Media) are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the sweepstakes/giveaway; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the sweepstakes/giveaway; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the contest/giveaway or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the sweepstakes/giveaway or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the contest/giveaway, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the sweepstakes/giveaway, or any part of it, for any reason, the sweepstakes/giveaway organizer, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. In the event that production, technical, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these rules to be available and/or claimed, the sweepstakes/giveaway organizer reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or associated with J.K. Rowling, Little, Brown and Company, Lincoln Center, the David H. Koch theater, or anyone else associated with the event.