I’m offering a rare opportunity to engage with me personally through a 12-week mastermind program that will focus your creative business for success in 2017.
Every year I go through a system of analysis that serves as the backbone for my company, WeGrowMedia. This is now a six-year-old venture, and each year it has been a six-figure business. I do not say that to gloat or show off, because the truth is, it is a huge responsibility. I work my butt off to make this business a success, to ensure I am doing work that meaningfully helps others, and that supports my wife and son. And let’s face it, luck is a huge factor here as well.
This year, I am opening up my planning phase and sharing it with others through a public mastermind program. To show you the process I go through, and give you advice on how to grow your revenue as a creative professional.
This is only the second time I have offered access to my planning system before, and I only open it up to 20 people. This process is, without a doubt, the foundation for planning my revenue growth each year. I invite you to join me so that you can lay the foundation for growth in your work in 2017.
WHAT WE FOCUS ON
I’ll start by saying that I only work with creative professionals. These are writers, crafters, designers, artists, entrepreneurs, and others whose work is not just about earning money, but about creating something special that will enrich the lives of others.
It is about craft, art, and an almost magical connection that happens when their vision sparks something in the hearts and minds of those who receive it. If you are reading this, that’s probably you.
But let’s face it, the money part is a big deal for you as well. And it’s difficult to figure out that part of it.
You have the “creative” part of “creative professional” down, but feel like you need more growth in the “professional” part.
The Creative Action Mastermind focuses on the following:
- The products and services you offer.
- The business and money parts of your creative career.
- Developing momentum with your work.
- Honing your vision to focus intensely on a few key things that will lead to growth and make your vision a reality. So much of this process is about saying “yes” to a few key things, and “no” to hundreds of others.
We will move through four phases outlined below, each of which are meant to help you focus your products and your business on what will resonate with your vision, and what will resonate with your customers.
HOW THIS WORKS
This is not a course — it is a collaboration. A mastermind group is traditionally a group of like-minded people who come together to help one another brainstorm and focus. That is what this is, with an added layer, which is that I will be guiding you through my planning system.
The Creative Action Mastermind program runs from October 1st to December 31st, 2016. We will move through four phases in that time:
- Collect (October 1 – 23): Here we collect all of the insights about what is working for you already, what isn’t, what people love, and what fell flat. We collect data, do research, and look all of the elephants in the room right in the eye. This is about putting it all on the table and getting practical.
- Organize (Oct 24 – Nov 6): Here we make order from chaos. At this phase, you likely have a big mess of ideas, a bunch of gaps between what you know and insights you hope to have. So we begin moving pieces around. We brainstorm. We establish a point of clarity that will give focus to your entire 2017.
- Analyze (Nov 7 – Dec 4): Now we connect the dots. We take little ideas and make them big. We take 20 seemingly must-have tasks and cut them down to three. We hack through all of the stuff that feels overwhelming, and make a commitment. We double down on the ideas and the vision that makes your heart sing. This is about saying “no” to 100 things so that you can say “yes” to the one part of your creative work that matters most.
- Plan (Dec 5 – 31): Here we put dates on the calendar. You identify clear steps you need to take, when they will be taken, and develop backup plan after backup plan to ensure you don’t fail.
In each phase, I talk about the goal, how I do it, and clear ACTIONS you need to take. That’s right, none of this is reading course material or doing homework — it is all about taking action.
My goal? Not to begin January 1, 2017 with vague resolutions, but to begin it with a clear focus and ready to take action. Through this mastermind, you will identify specific products and services you will be rolling out, when you will launch them, and how. This would equally apply to what you already offer (books, art, consulting, workshops, digital products), or crafting new ones that you come up with in the mastermind.
This bears repeating: You do not get loads of course material — you get prompts and actions to take. You are given a structure by which to collaborate with me and others in the mastermind. Nothing else. This is about action. Period.
You don’t have to show up anywhere on any particular day or time (I understand you are too busy to add another meeting to your calendar), but you will have constant access to the group (and myself) via these powerful collaboration tools.
- A private Slack chat group. This is basically a 24/7 instant messaging system for small teams. This is where you can brainstorm ideas, share insights, cry for help, and feel a sense of collaboration in what can be an otherwise lonely process.
- (Mostly) daily video updates from me. This is where I talk you through key steps to be taking, and expand upon conversations we are having in Slack. These videos are only for the Mastermind group, are recorded (nearly) every day, and give you an inside look into how to truly make progress. I will not talk in theory, but in terms of practical steps, sharing with you how I am doing this myself.
- A virtual co-working space. There is a separate channel in Slack that I have created that is meant to be a virtual co-working space. Beyond the tips, the advice, the strategies that we share in Slack, the co-working channel is where we say hello each day and get the benefits of being collaborators.
Imagine this as a real-world co-working space. Every day you show up to our huge loft, with big rustic wooden tables filled with iMacs. There is good music playing, amazing coffee, huge windows, and each of us shows up at our desks to work on our projects, while getting to know each other. You are a part of a community that is special — and this is where we say hello and motivate each other every day.
Are you worried about how to use these tools? Don’t. These are things my team and I use every single day, and are a core way that collaborative groups work. They are easy to get the hang of, and after all, we are here to help you out along the way!
That is the real value here: collaboration. You will have me and others in the mastermind providing feedback on your goals, helping provide direction, giving feedback, and pulling you out of the hole when you feel stuck and lost.
Each month, I will provide feedback on your tasks, your progress, and your direction. And I will also tell you when you are losing focus or biting off more than you can chew. So much of this process is about clarity and focus. Taking simple actions consistently, not getting bogged down.
My role is to be a coach in this process. You get to watch what I do, I give you direction, observe and suggest corrections. But I’ll be clear: it is YOU on the playing field. I’m not out there to do the work for you, or hold your hand when you are stalling. My feedback will be short and to the point. This is about taking action when it matters.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT THE MASTERMIND
The Creative Action Mastermind is one of the most powerful things I have ever offered — the feedback from folks who joined me have been off the charts amazing. They have found renewed clarity in their creative work, and a solid roadmap for moving forward.
“This group has lit a fire under me. It has created energy and momentum with my writing. Plus: I’m having so much fun!”
–– Teri Case
“I’m telling you, these Masterminders are a generous and creative and supportive group. And that Dan Blank is generous and helpful beyond the beyond.”
–– Judy Reeves
“There are so many layers of emotional and creative spirit in this group. I can feel positive momentum building.”
— Mary McFarland
“Dan promised me collaboration when I signed up for this group. I had my doubts, but not anymore. Being a part of the the Mastermind group has brought so much clarity (and simplicity) to my creative work.”
–– Jack Schaeffer
“Dan’s Mastermind group is a safe haven for creators and writers. Dan and my fellow Mastermind participants helped me define the direction for my writing and reach more readers through my website, blog and social media. I recommend this group to anyone looking for support and direction in their creative projects.”
-— Rupert Davies-Cooke
“WOW. I’m really blown away (seriously, not exaggerating) by the kind, helpful responses in this group. When I signed up, I had wondered if I was doing the right thing by joining this Mastermind –– I was afraid I wasn’t really ready for the step. But now I see that this is exactly what I needed.”
—- Maya Rushing Walker
“I believe that Dan Blank has created MAGIC here. This group has held me accountable to making a positive change in my creative work — I have never been a part of something this powerful before!”
—- Cathey Nickell
“This Mastermind has given me a sense of direction with the business side of my writing that I’ve never had before.”
—- Dawn Downey
“This Mastermind is building camaraderie with like-minded people for the first time in my life. I have never felt so alive. I can’t even explain it. Even with all my past successes nothing has brought me as much fulfillment as this group and each individual in it.”
— Cari Flory
WHO THIS IS FOR
This is for the creative professional who wants to take the audience side of their craft more seriously. Who wants to have a clearer plan for 2017 in terms of engaging others, and growing the impact of your work.
I work with writers, artists, designers, crafters, entrepreneurs and anyone who is doing creative work that is deeply meaningful to their audience.
And I will absolutely say, this is about living up to your creative vision. A big part of my process is indeed about getting clearer about the meaning and experiences I am creating for others. The business side is meant to honor that, not derail it.
WHY THIS PROGRAM MATTERS
Let me share a few ways that this program is different from anything else I have offered before (and from what most others offer):
- Very often, people sell you “content,” such as course material, when a key ingredient to success is collaboration. This mastermind is about that collaboration: relationships with others that keep us focused and accountable. Consider why it costs $75 to join a gym for an entire month, but $75 to hire a personal trainer for a single hour. Just joining a gym gives you access to tools, but hiring a personal trainer gives you access to insights and a personalized system. Most people don’t show up to the gym on an average day, but they nearly always show up to an appointment with a personal trainer. It is a commitment, and assurance to get the job done.This mastermind is that commitment. I am waiting at the gym for you to show up. Don’t leave me — and your creative vision — hanging.
- There is no refund policy on this program. When you sign up, you are making a commitment not only to me, but to yourself. Take action, or else lose your investment. This is a no excuses program. If you don’t do the work, you will hear it from me. One term you will hear a lot in this program is the following: “No half-assing it.” (Sorry for the language.) Why do I use this term? Because most creative ventures fail not because they aren’t engaging ideas, but because the person half-asses it. They do it part way. They give up at the drop of a hat.
This program is a half-ass free zone. There is no “dropping” the mastermind part of the way through. When you sign up, you are making a 3-month commitment. If you don’t show up, that’s on you. Because I am there every day, waiting for you.
If you have creative work that is deeply meaningful to you, whether it is full-time or part-time, I’m challenging you to stop treating your profession like a hobby. If you have a day job, I would bet that you would never consider showing up late for work. Or show up only three days per week to a job where you’re expected to be there five days per week. Or you wouldn’t just leave mid-day from the job because you didn’t feel inspired to do it.
Yet, this is how people “show up” for their creative vision. For their creative career.
This program isn’t for everyone.
I’m accepting a really limited number of participants because I want to ensure we have a solid group of people ready to take action. And I’ll be honest — I want it to be fun, not just productive.
Want in? Register below. There is a $750 total fee for the three-month program, payable in three monthly installments. So you pay $250 in October, $250, in November and $250 in December. Yes, I am always flexible to creating a specific payment plan that fits your needs.
The deadline to register is Friday September 23, 2016. But please keep in mind, there are limited spaces available — only 20 — and they go on a first come, first served basis.