Posted on January 17, 2012 by Dan Blank
If you are near New York City at the end of January, and at all interested in social media, I highly recommend this event: the Social Media Weekend, organized by the Columbia School of Journalism.
I will be involved in the event in two ways:
- Moderating this session: Mashable’s Secrets: What we can learn from one of the largest online news communities.
- Serving as a “Social Media Doctor,” providing hands-on assistance with social media for anyone who attends.
And of course, I will be taking in the AMAZING speakers and attendees that show up. Here is a highlight of some of the speakers & sessions:
- Fred Wilson (@fredwilson) investor in many of the biggest social networks, who writes an incredible blog at http://avc.com
- An 1.5 hour session from the folks at Facebook.
- Eric Carvin (@EricCarvin), the new social media editor of the Associated Press with Erica Anderson (@EricaAmerica), Twitter’s manager for news & journalism.
- A session from Google, where they will be conducting live one of the first public “Hangout On Air” – a new type of Google Hangout.
- The Mashable session
And there is SO MUCH MORE! There are so many other sessions with amazing folks who are leveraging social media. Check out the full schedule here.
Tickets are still available, but my feeling is they won’t be for much longer. They cost $50 for Friday, and $100 each for Saturday and Sunday. or, $200 for the weekend.
Full details here: https://socmediaweekend.wordpress.com/
Thanks so much to Columbia’s Sree Sreenivasan (@sree) for organizing such a cool event, and for allowing me to be a part of it. If you are curious about what last year’s Social Media Weekend was like, check out some great photos here.