I just opened the doors to the next session of my online course: Launch Your Email Newsletter. This is a 4-week course to help writers & creative professionals, well, launch their email newsletters. It begins February 9th, full details are below.
One super exciting part of this process has been adding a full faculty to the course, welcoming Lorraine Watson as a TA to the roster:
How you communicate with your readers is at the core how you develop an audience over time. Email is a primary channel to not just communicate, but to develop a trusting relationship with your readership.
Time and time again, I hear from successful authors that email is not only important, but actually ESSENTIAL in establishing meaningful connections to readers, and to selling more books.
And yet, establishing an email newsletter can be a difficult and sometimes overwhelming process. Join me to launch your email newsletter:
Throughout this course, I will use my own experience and observations in the field of email marketing to help you launch an effective, personal newsletter of your own.
Together, we will face some of the most common challenges and questions authors have when it comes to email marketing:
- How can I differentiate my newsletter from my blog?
- How do I create a subscriber list?
- How can I keep from sounding “spammy”?
- How do I create meaningful, original content?
- How can I make email marketing a regular part of my work process?
This is an interactive course – I invite you to work with me and other students to understand email marketing and develop your own strong content at your own pace.
Throughout the course, I offer personalized feedback, and the potential for a group dynamic with other students.
What you get:
- Four weekly PDF lessons
- Access to a private Facebook group where you can ask me anything, and learn from other writers in the course who are working through the exact same challenges & goals that you are
Four-week online course begins February 9, 2015
If you’re ready to take the next step in connecting with your readers and raising your sales, sign up today:
WHY WORK WITH ME?
Well, there are my professional credentials:
- I have worked with hundreds of authors, from bestsellers to those writing their first book, to everyone in between. My days are spent in the trenches with writers – none of this is theory to me – it is always framed in the everyday reality of what truly works for connecting writers to readers.
- I have worked with some of the biggest names in publishing; folks such as Random House, Hachette Book Group, Abrams Books, Workman Publishing, Writers House, The Kenyon Review, and many others.
- Oh, and there’s the technical stuff: that I have helped launch hundreds of blogs, I’ve built lots of websites, and consulted on social media strategy with huge publishers & organizations that serve writers. Plus, I have run my own company for years, meaning that I have had to become the master of hundreds of tiny technical details for “getting out there.”
- I have spoken at some of the biggest publishing conferences out there, including BookExpo, Digital Book World, AWP, Romance Writers of America, Thrillerfest, and many others.
- The core of what I do is help creative professionals develop their skills – to help instruct and truly be there to help you work through challenges. My goal is not to “bestow information” to you – there’s plenty of that out there. My methodology is to work with you to really figure out the hard stuff.
But I think what is equally important is that my days are spent with writers and creative professionals, and my entire life has been spent surrounded by creators hoping to make their mark. As for myself, I have been an artist, a poet, a musician, a paper sculptor, a writer, a publisher, a photographer, a teacher, a radio DJ, a cartoonist, and an entrepreneur. You can read my full bio here.