Social Media for Writers & Artists
Join me a for a one-day intensive workshop to hone your social media strategy so that you know what to share, where, and how to grow your following. You work directly with me and a small group of writers to:
- Identify which social media channels your ideal audience uses, and which you should focus on.
- Setup or refine your social media profile.
- Determine what you should share, and how to create this content.
- Create a social media editorial calendar to share consistently.
- Generate key practices to develop a following.
At the end of this day, you will feel clarity about how to use social media in a manner that feels both strategic and fulfilling. You will be ready to take the next step to reach your ideal audience by sharing consistently on social media.
I will share the methodology I have used to do this with hundreds of writers and artists, providing an easy step-by-step process. This video tells you what to expect:
How this works
This is a virtual workshop — you can do this from wherever you are. The live workshop takes place on Thursday July 12, 2018. On that day, I invite you into my studio:
- 10am – 11am ET: You join me and a small group of other writers on a live video/audio chat. I answer your questions and give you an assignment. We will use a tool called Zoom to chat. You can access this via your computer or phone.
- 11am – 2pm ET: You work on an assignment and stay connected with me and the group to get questions answered and stay accountable. We will use a private Slack group for this, using text to stay connected during this time of day. You can access Slack via your computer or phone as well.
- 2pm – 4pm ET: I will schedule a 10 minute one-on-one coaching session with you to review your work and answer your questions. During this two-hour period, you will be able to listen in to my coaching sessions with others in the group. You will learn as much from listening to other peoples’ sessions as to your own.
- Friday/Saturday/Sunday (July 13/14/15): You will continue to have access to the Slack room to share progress with other writers in the group.
Prior to the July 12th, you will receive:
- A video lecture from me where I share all you need to know so that Studio Time is about engaging with me and other writers in the group.
- Pre-work to ensure you are 100% prepared to make real progress during Studio Time.
- Access to our private Slack group so that you are ready to go the moment Studio Time begins.
Price: $99. There are 15 spots available. Register now:
About Dan Blank
Dan Blank is the founder of WeGrowMedia, where he helps writers and artists share their stories and grow their audience.
He is the author of the book Be the Gateway: A Practical Guide to Sharing Your Creative Work and Engaging an Audience.
He has worked with hundreds of individuals, and amazing organizations who support creative people such as Penguin Random House, Sesame Workshop, Hachette Book Group, , Workman Publishing, J. Walter Thompson, Abrams Books, Writers House, The Kenyon Review, Writer’s Digest, Library Journal, and many others.
Dan’s work has been featured by Poet’s & Writers magazine, the National Endowment for the Arts, Professional Artist magazine, and 99u.