Website Essentials for Authors
Join me a for a one-day intensive workshop to create or refine your author website so that it is professional and feels authentically you.
In this one-day live virtual workshop, you will work directly with me and a small group of writers to hone your website, including:
- Technology Decisions Made Easy: Identify the platforms and tools that are easy to use and manage. This is not about bells and whistles, but about getting the basics right.
- The Pages that Matter: We review the key web pages you need to have and why, and determine what you should cut.
- Content Strategy You will be guided to craft content that feels authentic to you and your work, and resonates with those you hope to reach.
I will share the methodology I have used to do this with hundreds of writers, providing an easy step-by-step process. I will share examples of what works and why, and will provide direct feedback to you so that you know you are on the right track. This video tells you what to expect:
How this works
This is a virtual workshop — you can do this from wherever you are. The live workshop takes place on Thursday March 22. On that day, I invite you into my studio:
- 10am – 11am ET: You join me and a small group of other writers on a live video/audio chat. I answer your questions, do live audits of existing author websites, and give you an assignment. We will use a tool called Zoom to chat, you can access this via your computer or phone.
- 11am – 2pm ET: You work on an assignment and stay connected with me and the group to get questions answered and stay accountable. We will use a private Slack group for this, using text to stay connected during this time of day. You can access Slack via your computer or phone as well.
- 2pm – 4:30pm ET: I will schedule a 10 minute one-on-one coaching session with you to review your work and answer your questions. During this two-hour period, you will be able to listen in to my coaching sessions with others in the group. You will learn as much from listening to other peoples’ critique as to your own.
- Friday/Saturday/Sunday (March 23/24/25): You will continue to have access to the Slack room to share progress with other writers in the group.
By the end of the day, you will have a clear website strategy, a framework for your website content, and an understanding of the essential tools to use.
Prior to the March 22nd, you will receive:
- A video lecture from me where I share all you need to know so that Studio Time is about engaging with me and other writers in the group.
- Pre-work to ensure you are 100% prepared to make real progress during Studio Time.
- Access to our private Slack group so that you are ready to go the moment Studio Time begins.
Price: $199. There are 15 spots available. Register now:
About Dan Blank
Dan Blank is the founder of WeGrowMedia, where he helps writers and artists share their stories and grow their audience.
He is the author of the book Be the Gateway: A Practical Guide to Sharing Your Creative Work and Engaging an Audience.
He has worked with hundreds of authors, and amazing organizations who support creative people such as Penguin Random House, Sesame Workshop, Hachette Book Group, Workman Publishing, J. Walter Thompson, Abrams Books, Writers House, The Kenyon Review, Writer’s Digest, Library Journal, and many others.
Dan’s work has been featured by Poet’s & Writers magazine, the National Endowment for the Arts, Professional Artist magazine, and 99u.