You really can earn a living because of blogging. I don’t mean by getting paid per post or because of Google AdSense ads, but because blogging builds a platform for your life and career that allows you to reach your goals.
Here’s why blogging delivers:
- You establish yourself as an expert.
- You make your value apparent to your audience.
- You train yourself to GIVE each day, by sharing advice and information on the blog.
I’ve known people who have gotten book deals because of their blogs, who have built lucrative speaking careers because of their blog and who are now considered experts in their field, ALL because they chose to blog.
A few years ago I had a chance to meet Darren Rowse at an event in New York City. Darren is well-known as the man behind Problogger.net – a blog that shares tips to make your blog a success.
It was his first trip here, and I was amazed that after a week in town, he was stuck in midtown, and hadn’t been to areas such as Greenwich Village and SoHo. So my wife & I gave he, his wife, and their first son a tour of lower Manhattan.
It was such a nice day, and really proved to me what an incredible person Darren is.
I want to share that with you today. So I’m giving away a copy of a great book on blogging written by Darren and Chris Garrett. It’s the new edition of ProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income which was just released today.
As a BONUS, I am throwing in a copy of Rework by Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson. This bestseller helps you rethink how to manage your business and career in order to achieve your goals, instead of getting wrapped up in tasks that don’t deliver value.
As a DOUBLE BONUS, I’m also adding in a copy of Seth Godin’s book Linchpin.
So one person will win all three books, shipped to their door directly from Amazon, for free.
How do you enter? Simply leave a comment below answering the question:
If you already blog, just share why it’s important to you. If you are just starting out, just share one of your goals. If you don’t blog and don’t plan to, tell me why.
- The contest is only open to people within the Continental U.S. (sorry about that, I do appreciate all of you though.)
- Please enter only once.
- Be sure to add your email address when entering the comment. Do this in the ‘email’ field – it won’t be published live on the blog, but I will be able to see it so I can contact you if you’ve won.