Jeff Goins just released a new eBook called You Are A Writer: So Start Acting Like One. In this video, I give you an overview of who it is for and why you may want to check it out.
Jeff encourages those who struggle with becoming a writer to “become who you are,” and own the title of “writer.” He shares his journey and that of others, being honest about the challenges that he and others face in becoming writers.
The book is intended to motivate writers to double down on their dream, or make a conscious choice that it isn’t for them. A sample of his style and focus here is his list titled “What Nobody Ever Tells You About Writing,” which includes the following items:
- It’s harder than you think.
- It’s not enough to be good. You have to be great.
- Nobody cares about you. People care about themselves.
- It’s more about who you know than what you know.
- You’d better love it. (Otherwise, quit now.)
He also shares lots of very tactical advice on how to develop your author platform. He reviews in detail the “Three Tools Every Writer Needs:”
- A platform to share your writing.
- A brand to build trust with readers.
- Channels of connection to distribute your art.
You can check out the book at http://youareawriter.com
Jeff was kind enough to send me a free copy of the book (thank you Jeff!) but I would have bought a copy anyway. My opinions here reflect my honest take on the value of the book.