So many writers tell me their voices are lost in the overcrowded, overwhelming channels of social media. Take back your voice by joining me in a six-week program where we will establish (or improve) the key elements of your platform as an author:
- An email newsletter people actually look forward to receiving and reading.
- A blog that reflects who you are as a writer.
- A powerful — yet simple — process to manage it all from week to week.
- How to use your blog and newsletter as the foundation of your social media strategy.
If you are like most writers, you have been dabbling with each of these things, but never felt that your efforts were strategic or fulfilling.
We are going to create a system for your author platform that feels authentic to who you are.
This is what the program provides:
- A personalized assessment from me on your existing blog or email newsletter, or your plans for each.
- A 6-week curriculum of videos from me where I walk you through my best advice on how to create or hone your blog, newsletter, and the process for managing it all.
- Direct feedback from me each week. I record a video for you (and only you) each week with feedback on the homework you share with me, and I answer any questions that you have.
- An Editorial Calendar template, with clear instructions to guide you through customizing it.
- Simple micro-actions to immediately get started.
You leave the program with a clear plan of action.
I provide lots of personal attention, so I strictly limit enrollment.
I’m Dan Blank. Over the past 20 years, I have developed hundreds of blogs and newsletters for writers. I began my own blog and newsletter back in 2005 and have clicked “publish” every week since then.
I helped launch 300 blogs for writers working for brands including Publishers Weekly and Library Journal, plus set up newsletters, social media, and connected it all to each brands’ editorial mission and business strategy.
For the last nine years my full-time focus has been working directly with authors here at WeGrowMedia, where I have built and optimized hundreds of blogs, newsletters, and social media strategies.
This is a collaboration, not a course. You will get personalized feedback from me each week. I will walk you step by step through the process, and together, we take action to develop your blog, newsletter, and the plan to manage it all.
You do not need to be a published author in order to participate in this program. In fact, I recommend that writers develop these things long before they have a book.
Week #1: Define Your Message.
Are you unsure of what you would write about, or do you worry that you don’t have any authority to publish a blog or newsletter? We solve that, identifying the topics and themes that feel authentic to who you are, and that your ideal audience would welcome into their lives.
Week #2: Your Blog/Newsletter Strategy
We get radically clear about how to setup your blog and/or newsletter and taking the first steps to click “publish.”
Week #3: Technology and Examples
We examine platform options available to you, and I share concrete examples of amazing blogs and newsletter from a wide range of authors. Yes, this includes novelists and literary authors, in addition to nonfiction, memoir, and writers of all types.
Week #4: The Process to Manage it All
This is where the magic happens — we develop a clear and simple system for you to manage your blog and newsletter. From ideation to writing, editing, and publication, this is the system I have honed for years working with thousands of writers.
Week #5: The Connection to Social Media
This is not the basics on how to use Twitter or Instagram, but how to be strategic and organize a blog, newsletter, social media and other elements of your platform so that you truly engage with readers without being overwhelmed. These channels should work together as a focused system.
Week #6: Blogging/Newsletter Success
Here we dig into what it takes to feel fulfilled in what you create with your blog and newsletter, and how you can meaningfully connect it to your ideal audience.
How It Works
Video Lesson: You receive video lessons from me where I walk you through concepts to craft your blog, newsletter, and the process to manage them.
Editorial Calendar Template: With complete instructions and feedback to 100% personalize it for you.
Micro-Actions: You will be given simple and clear tasks at each step of the program.
You will submit your questions to me each week via a form I provide.
I will provide feedback on your work and answer your specific questions via a personalized 5-15 minute video just for you each week. This includes my personalized assessment of your goals and challenges, and of your existing blog/newsletter if you have one.
I recommend you plan to spend 2 hours a week on this program. We repeat that for six weeks, and by the end you will have taken six actions, and have clarity on your strategy moving forward.
Limited spots available. I provide lots of personal attention, so I strictly limit enrollment. If this program feels right to you, then take action now.
The program runs from April 15 – May 24, 2019. There are no live calls, so you don’t need to be anywhere at any specific time. Instead, you are given access to the material and a process to collaborate with me during this time.
Total fee: $599
(payment plan is available)
Frequently Asked Questions
What technology do I need in order to participate?
The entire program is run using basic tools: email, PDFs, links to videos, etc. As long as you have email, a web browser, and the ability to view regular documents (PDF, Word, Excel, etc.) then you are good!
Are there any days or times I have to show up live for anything?
No! I know your life is busy, which is why this program doesn’t have any live calls at any set days/times. Instead, you submit your work to me and I provide direct personalized feedback to you via video, which you can watch at your convenience.
In terms of scheduling, what will a typical week in the program look like?
The program will generally follow this schedule:
- On Monday you will receive a new instructional video from me walking you through core concepts, with suggested actions for you to take.
- By mid-week you will provide your feedback and questions you have for me as you customize your plan.
- At the end of the week I will record a 5-15 minute for you, sharing my answers to your questions, and suggestions for exactly what I recommend you do.
How much time per week will this program require of me?
You should plan to spend a minimum of 2 hours per week on the work within this program. You can spend more time if you like, but I suggest at least:
- 30 minutes early in the week to review the material I provide.
- 30 minutes to take the micro-actions suggested in the material.
- 30 minutes to consider what questions you have for me.
- 30 minutes to watch my response and customize your plan.