Are you a writer who is passionate about your work, but find it difficult to build an audience? What you need is an author platform – a strategic way to communicate your purpose to the world and establish trust with those who can help make you a success.
I am excited to announce the spring 2012 session of my 8-week online course: Build Your Author Platform. The course takes you through the critical steps of how to develop your audience:
- A clear statement of your purpose and description of your work that will resonate with those you hope to engage.
- An understanding of who your target audience is, what they find compelling, and where to find them.
- How to blog, leverage social media, and share content that people care about.
- Ways of measuring what is working, what isn’t, and a process to constantly optimize how you grow and connect with your audience.
But the course delivers so much more than just information – you build powerful relationships with myself, other writers in the class, as well as guest experts. This is the team you need to help work past challenges, personalize the material to your goals, and ensure you stay motivated and accountable.
This online course runs from from April 4 – May 29, 2012, and provides the structure and skills you need to build the foundation for your writing career. The The full course includes the following elements:
- 8 career-shifting lessons that take you step by step through the process of how to develop your author platform.
- Personalized feedback via weekly homework assignments, where I directly address your challenges and opportunities with advice to ensure you are on the right track.
- The ability to ask questions 24/7 via our private online forum. Here, you can discuss key topics in developing your platform with myself and other students in the course.
- 8 Exclusive Insider Calls, where I get on the phone with the entire class and you can ask anything. Here you have a chance to brainstorm ideas; dig into specific challenges you are trying to move past; and build close relationships with myself and the other writers in the course. All Exclusive Insider Calls are recorded, so if you miss a call, you always have access to the recording.
- 6 Guest Expert Calls from leading publishing professionals. These experts get on the phone with the class, and allow you to ask them any question you want. They provide personalized insight that helps you build your author platform. All Guest Expert Calls are recorded, so if you miss a call, you always have access to the recording.
You can read full details about the Build Your Author Platform course here.
The spring session also includes some exciting changes, including three plans to choose from. If you have any questions about the course, please feel free to reach out.