How do you effectively promote your work — your book, your art, your your business? I have been working with New York Times bestselling author Miranda Beverly-Whittemore to give you a behind the scenes look at what this process looks like. So far, we have published five pieces on the topic, including:
- How pitching articles helps promote your book
- Ways that the people you already know can help promote your book
- The value of an email newsletter in markitng your work
- How publishers build buzz by sending out secret early copies of your book
- Five things I wish I’d known five months before i published my novel
Our goal was to be as transparent as possible in the process, sharing real-world examples, not pithy platitudes or examples that only worked years ago. All of this is what Miranda is doing in real-time to grow her career and ensure her book is a success.
Something I obsess about is the reality of what creative success looks like vs. merely the perception. Miranda is unbelievably generous and honest in sharing her process. I talk about the value of collaboration a lot, and she is a wonderful example of a collaborator.