I’m doing something new, and I’m really excited to share it with you today. If you have followed my work at all, you know that I have spent 13 years working full-time with writers, helping them to find meaningful ways to share their work that is effective in reaching readers and feels good to all involved. To live up to that goal, I’ve sent this weekly email newsletter out every week for the past 18 years, and have helped countless writers and creators develop and manage their own.
Today I’m releasing a brand new workshop called Launch & Grow Your Email Newsletter on Substack. Here are the quick details:
- Live online event on Friday August 4th at 12:30pm ET
- All registrants receive a video recording, so if you can’t make it live, no problem.
I have been putting so much into this workshop and am really excited about it. Why newsletters? I feel newsletters are a huge opportunity for writers. They become the basis for developing an audience, encouraging book sales, finding new opportunities, and for honing their public voice in a way that feels authentic to who they are.
I am in the trenches with newsletters every day with my clients, and I can’t wait to share details in the workshop. Some of what we will cover:
- Why email newsletters are a powerful tool for writers.
- The reason readers love email newsletters, even if you dislike them.
- When to start your newsletter.
- Why I recommend Substack for most writers, and an introduction to it.
- How to define a clear purpose for your newsletter.
- How to create a title and description for your newsletter.
- How often to send a newsletter.
- What to share in a newsletter, and the most common content types to consider.
- My system for creating newsletter content that gives you an endless amount of content aligned to the purpose of your newsletter.
- How to reduce the amount of time it takes to create each newsletter.
- How to increase open rates and engagement.
- How to become consistent with your newsletter without the stress.
- How to get more readers and subscribers, even if you are starting from zero.
- The biggest mistakes people make with newsletters.
- The biggest factors in newsletter success.
This workshop will be packed with useful information all in one place, and all coming from hands-on experience. I will host a live Q&A at the end of the workshop to answer your questions.
I’m offering a very limited way to engage directly with me via two additional packages. This is for people who want more feedback regarding their current newsletter strategy, or as they develop a brand new one. You can see more on those two packages here.
I know how powerful it can be to get feedback and guidance, and to collaborate as you develop or optimize your newsletter. I’ve never offered something like this before — a way to get direct feedback on something this specific. Both of these packages are very limited (only 10 and 5 spots, respectively), so if you are considering them, I encourage you to register quickly.
And one final thing…
I have run hundreds of workshops over the years, but I feel this one is different. Why? It is the start of a new ecosystem I’m developing to support writers and creators. More than a year of planning has gone into this. You can expect more in this series, because my goal is to help more writers find effective and meaningful strategies to share their work, and feel awesome about the process.
Thank you for being here with me, and for all of your support over the years. This is work I do because I truly admire those who write and create, and because I see amazing things happen when their work reaches their readers and audience. It is an honor (and a pleasure!) to be a part of that process.
Please check out the workshop: Launch & Grow Your Email Newsletter on Substack.