All day every day for the past 9 years, I have been working with writers and artists to grow their platforms and ensure that their creative work has an impact.
If you are inspired by writers and artists, if you have a graphic design background, if you love social media and content strategy, then I want to hear from you!
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
I’m looking for someone experienced with various social media platforms and graphic design to join my team and develop content that will not only share WeGrowMedia’s message, but will truly help and inspire writers and artists to deepen their creative life. The ideal candidate would have these primary skills:
- Graphic design experience, and some knowledge of design programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Canva, or similar programs.
- Experience with social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Ability to plan social media content.
This position is 100% virtual! Work from wherever you live. We will conduct all communications via phone, Skype, and programs such as Slack. If you work best by the beach or laying on the couch, that’s fine by me!
There are a few other qualities I would love to see:
- Ability to manage projects without micromanagement or constant prodding from me. I want you to feel ownership over your work.
- Ability to think outside the box. We will be having weekly strategy and project meetings, and I’m always looking for new ideas. I want us to focus on inventive and meaningful ways for me to better serve my audience, not copying “best practices” that thousands of others are already copying.
- If you are a writer, artist, photographer, musician, or do any other kind of creative work, that is a bonus.
This isn’t just a plug and play position, where you load up a few hundred tweets into HootSuite. I’m looking for someone who is interested in developing and maintaining an overall social media strategy that aligns with WeGrowMedia’s goals — but most importantly, inspires writers and artists and truly help them grow their own creative lives.
(Note: you will actually not be managing my social media accounts or scheduling any content directly. I will be the one to do that. Your role is to assist me in strategic ideas, developing images, messaging and managing the process.)
COMPENSATION & DETAILS
This is a paid part-time position, 10-15 hours per week to start. I pay $15 per hour. You would be working as an independent contractor.
As I mentioned, this position can be 100% virtual. You can largely work your own hours, though being available AM east coast time would be preferred (I’m an early riser!) We will meet at least once per week via Skype or phone, and then use other systems (email, Dropbox and Slack) to communicate and track projects.
PLEASE DON’T APPLY IF…
If this is “just work” for you, please don’t apply. Take a look around this website if you want to get a sense of what I do, and why I do it. Basically, I spend my days working with writers and artists, which means I work with people who do magic: they create worlds, they solve problems, they are the music-makers. They are infinitely inspiring to me. If these folks don’t inspire you, please don’t apply.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email me at email@example.com with the subject line: “Dan! Hire Me!”
Please include the following:
- A couple lines on who you are, why this position interests you.
- Describe any experience you have that aligns to the job description above.
- I’ll be clear here: I care more about who you are than a long list of boring keywords that you often find on the cover letter for a job application. I don’t care about standard language like “I’m a detail-oriented team player!” Just tell me who you really are and why this job is a great fit.
- Tell me where in the world you are — where you live.
- Any links that you WANT to share to your social media profiles, such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, website, etc.
- Share something that communicates your background and experience. It can be a resume or link to your LinkedIn profile, but it can also just be your website, or a portfolio of design work.
- Bonus points if you submit a video of yourself explaining any this! I record a lot of video for the writers & artists I work with, so I understand that sometimes video is a better way to express things. This is not required, but if you are up for it, you can upload the video as an unlisted video on YouTube and share the link with me.
About Dan Blank and WeGrowMedia
This is me:
I work in a (beautiful) private studio in New Jersey. I have been running WeGrowMedia for the past 9 years. My days are spent working with writers and artists, helping them to get clarity on their creative work, and to ensure their work truly reaches an audience.
You can read my official bio and background here.