This is part of the Bittersweet Book Launch case study, where Dan Blank and Miranda Beverly-Whittemore share the yearlong process of launching her novel. You can view all posts here.
I have loved Miranda’s posts sharing the behind the scenes preparation for the OMG! All the Books! Giveaway, and just shared my own here. I cover a few main points:
- Getting past the dread of having to run a giveaway
- Brainstorming fun and hopefully generous ideas
- Making it immediately social
- Finding a balance between wacky creative ideas and still staying focused
- The value in leveraging the skillsets and enthusiasm of Julia, Miranda and I
- How important and actionable distraction can be in the book launch process
- How awesome it feels to support other authors
- And that yes, this giveaway IS strategic.
Read the full post here. Thanks!